Tel: 07890 600715
Hello and welcome!
I am a counsellor, psychotherapist and hypnotherapist, based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Sometimes when people are considering psychotherapy or counselling, they find it helpful to know a bit more about what's involved before they make a decision. Having read the information contained on these pages, if you decide you would like to arrange for us to meet, your initial meeting with me is FREE. This means that we can both see if we feel that we can work together on whatever is troubling you. I also need to be certain that I am the best person to support you with your difficulties.
For now, I hope you find the following informative...
Who I see
I offer individual counselling, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy to people with a wide range of emotional and psychological issues some of which may relate to...
- Relationship problems
- Problems relating to sexuality or gender
- Eating difficulties
I also see people with a variety of diagnoses, for example...
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Personality disorder
- Dissociative identity disorder
I have specialist interests in working with people with..
- Trauma Issues
- Anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and eating disorders not otherwise specified (EDNOS)
- Is informed from a humanistic philosophy
- Is tailored to meet your needs and therefore will follow a number of different principles and approaches including client-centred therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy, hypnotherapy, transactional analysis and systems theory
- Is based on collaborative working
- Typically occurs weekly but is negotiable, depending upon need
- Sessions last a full hour
- May include emailing notes to clients following sessions
- Has the flexibility to include accompanying clients to a number of venues to offer on hand support and facilitate task accomplishment
- Can provide emergency telephone sessions including on a weekend
Code of Ethics
- Registered Member of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Indemnity Insurance
- Checked by the Criminal Research Bureau July 2006
- Supervised practice
- Confidential note and record keeping
- Therapist-client contract clarifying;
- The professional therapeutic relationship
- Client confidentiality and its limitations
- My terms, conditions and methods of practice
- My stance on research and publication